Connect with us

Culture

Gamer Raises $920,343.98 for St Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital During Four Hour Livestream

Published

on

Popular gamer Ben “Dr. Lupo” Lupo raised $920,343.98 for St Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital in just four and a half hours while live-streaming on Twitch.

In an awesome moment of kindness and generousity from the gaming community on Sunday, Lupo, who is best known for playing Fortnite, averaged $3,400 in donations for the children’s charity for every minute of his stream.

The St. Jude fundraiser was part of an effort for GuardianCon, a gaming convention in Orlando next week. In another fundraising stream leading up to the event, Destiny developer and streamer “Bungie” raised $400,000 in four hours.

GuardianCon’s goal was to raise $3 million ahead of the event, but they managed to hit $3.7 million.

Forbes reports that there have been multiple streamers doing four hour fundraising blocks and many of them have included incentives. Lupo’s included having “his son play Fortnite (at $350,000) and his wife play Resident Evil ($500,000). The $1 million super stretch goal was to get him to Pon Pon, Ninja’s signature dance, on stream, something he’s never done.”

Lupo even donated $50,000 to the fundraiser himself.

“Thank you so much, to every single person that’s donated,” Lupo said at the end of his stream, per a report from ComicBook.com. “To every single person that’s supported St. Jude. To every single person that’s gonna be at Guardian Con. To every single person that freakin’ loves gaming. And most importantly, from top to bottom, St. Jude.”

25 Comments

25 Comments

1. Highland avenue restaurant

July 2, 2019 at 10:21 am

I do accept as true with all the ideas you’ve introduced for
    your post. They’re very convincing and can definitely work.
    Still, the posts are too brief for novices. May you please prolong them a little from subsequent time?
    Thank you for the post.

2. Rachel

July 8, 2019 at 11:40 pm

Howdy would you mind sharing which blog platform you’re using?
    I’m planning to start my own blog in the near future but I’m having a
    tough time choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and
    Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems
    different then most blogs and I’m looking for something unique.
    P.S Apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

3. Stromata

July 11, 2019 at 4:00 pm

When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now
    each time a comment is added I get three e-mails with the same comment.
    Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
    Bless you!

4. marketstrom.gr

July 13, 2019 at 7:40 am

What a stuff of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable knowledge concerning unpredicted emotions.

5. Hey there! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?
    I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked hard
    on. Any suggestions?

6. marketstrom αθηνα

July 16, 2019 at 6:39 am

Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
    Look advanced to more added agreeable from you!
    By the way, how can we communicate?

7. marketstrom στρωματα αθηνα

July 17, 2019 at 7:29 am

Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Thank you, However I am experiencing problems with your RSS.

I don’t know the reason why I cannot join it. Is there anybody else having the same RSS problems?
    Anyone who knows the solution can you kindly respond?
    Thanx!!

8. XTJ00

July 23, 2019 at 1:34 pm

331192 156425i always enjoy to do blog hopping and i stumbled upon your blog .”~; 870423

9. Kadenceorlando.Com

September 6, 2019 at 4:34 pm

Having read this I believed it was very informative. I appreciate you spending some time and effort to
    put this short article together. I once again find myself spending a significant amount of time both reading and posting comments.

But so what, it was still worthwhile!

10. 30% off

September 23, 2019 at 1:22 am

It’s hard to come by educated people about this subject, but you sound like you know
    what you’re talking about! Thanks

11. Carla

September 30, 2019 at 10:15 pm

I do not even understand how I stopped up right
    here, however I believed this post used to be good. I do not recognise who you’re but definitely you
    are going to a well-known blogger if you happen to aren’t
    already. Cheers!

12. www.eicuonline.com

October 6, 2019 at 11:05 pm

Thankfulness to my father who stated to me regarding this webpage, this webpage is actually remarkable.

13. Sven

October 23, 2019 at 1:13 am

Great article. I will be facing many of these issues as
    well..

14. situs Dominoqq Terpercaya

December 4, 2019 at 9:31 pm

Really when someone doesn’t understand afterward its up to other people that they will help, so here it happens.

15. Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your article. I like to write a
    little comment to support you.

16. i buy junk cars for cash

December 20, 2019 at 4:24 am

Hey! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website?

I’m getting sick and tired of WordPress because I’ve had problems with hackers
    and I’m looking at alternatives for another platform.

I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

17. mobile legends hack uptodown

December 20, 2019 at 11:06 pm

I’ve learn a few just right stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking
    for revisiting. I surprise how so much attempt you put to
    make this sort of excellent informative web site.

18. Mayra

January 28, 2020 at 3:56 am

Wonderful web site. Plenty of useful info here.

I am sending it to several buddies ans also sharing in delicious.
    And of course, thanks in your effort!

19. NW

February 26, 2020 at 1:01 pm

Stunning quesxt there. What happened after? Take
    care!

20. I have not checked in here for some time as I thought
    it was getting boring, but the last few posts are good quality
    so I guess I’ll add you back to my everyday bloglist.
    You deserve it friend 🙂

21. ipl laser hair removal handset

March 16, 2020 at 11:05 am

Wow, this paragraph is good, my sjster is analyzing these things, thus Iam going to tell her.

22. forex trading

April 5, 2020 at 12:13 pm

Fabulous, what a blog it is! This weblog provides valuable information to us, keep it
    up.

23. forex day trading software

April 19, 2020 at 6:06 am

Hello terrific website! Does running a blog similar to this take a lot of work?
    I have very little knowledge of computer programming however I was hoping
    to start my own blog in the near future. Anyhow, if you have any suggestions or techniques for new blog
    owners please share. I understand this is off topic nevertheless I simply wanted to ask.
    Kudos!

24. Pussy

April 21, 2020 at 3:30 am

Free stuff attracts people and always has.

25. https://pussyqueen888.com

April 21, 2020 at 4:25 am

Although it’s important to select a topic that interests you, you can’t simply go by that because some topics aren’t very marketable.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Culture

Communist Hammer and Sickle Painted on North Carolina WWII Memorial

The names on the memorial “are veterans and deserve the honor, respect, and dignity.”

Published

on

The Communist hammer and sickle symbol was spray painted on a North Carolina World War II Memorial over the weekend.

The memorial in the Evergreen Cemetery in Charlotte honors over 500 people from the county who died in the war.

The vandals also wrote “Glory to the day of heroism June 19, 1986,” a likely reference to the violent Communist Party of Peru.

“On June 18, 1986, the Shining Path began to protest the Peruvian government’s use of torture on its members and their movement to different prisons,” the Pittsburgh Post Gazette reported when another statue was vandalized with the same message in May. “Although the Peruvian government at first tried to negotiate with the Shining Path, the members refused, he said, and the government sent troops into the prisons the next day — bombing two facilities and executing inmates who were in the Shining Path.”

Over 200 people were killed.

“That day immediately began to be called ‘The Day of Heroism.’”

Fox News reports that a portion of the WWII monument that read, “Dedicated to the memory of the Mecklenburg heroes of World War II who made the supreme sacrifice that you might live in liberty, freedom and peace,” was also covered in yellow paint.

Air Force veteran Wayne White gathered friends to help clean the memorial after seeing that it was defaced on social media. He told Fox 17 that the names on the memorial “are veterans and deserve the honor, respect, and dignity.”

Continue Reading

Culture

You Love To See It: Rich Writer Cheers Rioters Burning Poor Areas, Calls Them ‘Animals’ When They Get To His

This is the best “life comes at you fast” of all time.

Published

on

A rich NBA writer was gleefully cheering as Minneapolis rioters burned down poor neighborhoods, but quickly changed his tune when they got to his area.

Chris Martin Palmer, a well known sportswriter, was tweeting things like “burn that sh-t down. Burn it all down,” when the rioters burned down an affordable housing project that was under construction.

Just days later, the riots began to creep closer to his home in a Los Angeles gated community, at which time the rioters became “animals.”

“They just attacked our sister community down the street. It’s a gated community and they tried to climb the gates. They had to beat them back. Then destroyed a Starbucks and now are in front of my building. Get these animals TF out of my neighborhood. Go back to where you live,” Palmer wrote, referring to the lower income areas they previously destroyed.

“Tear up your own shit. Don’t come to where we live at and tear our neighborhood up. We care about our community. If you don’t care about yours I don’t give a shit,” he added.

As he got called out on Twitter, he pretended that he only supported “peaceful” protesters all along, and wasn’t cheering for the arson.

“Make no mistake about it those who were looting were not protestors. They were criminals who just blended in. Hell bent on stealing and property destruction. When the legit protestors left midday everything went off the rails,” he wrote.

When someone tweeted at him saying “you can’t be with the chaos one minute then when it’s at your front door you switch it up,” to which the hypocrite replied “you better damn well believe I can.”

He was ratioed, of course.

Hilariously, Palmer also attended the riots and bragged about being tear gassed, in someone else’s neighborhood, of course.

The people who “don’t care” about their communities are people like this elderly disabled woman who now has no where to shop. She tearfully told a reporter that “George is in a better place than we are,” and said that she wanted to “go where George did,” as she watched the rioters destroy her neighborhood.

Funny how Palmer believes the destruction is all fun and games until it threatened him, even though he can actually afford to lose — unlike the woman above.

Continue Reading

Culture

Nick Fuentes Does America First Groyper Chant on Live TV

“GROYPER! GROYPER! GROYPER!”

Published

on

Nicholas Fuentes, one of the leaders of a growing America First movement in the United States, bravely crashed a Florida news report to do a “Groyper” chant.

Fuentes hosts a political commentary show on DLive that has thousands of regular viewers.

Riots have been sweeping the nation after a black man died in the custody of Minneapolis Police on Monday. There have been murders, arson, kidnappings, and countless businesses have been destroyed by looting.

On Saturday, a white shop owner was stoned by a mob who was trying to loot his business. He appeared to be in critical condition. Another elderly white man was brutally jumped by the mob for trying to defend himself and his vehicle, before they turned his car over and lit it on fire.

As “Conservative Inc.,” the mainstream Republican organizations, continue to cave to pressure from leftists and silence, exclude, or “cancel” more and more interesting right-wing figures and voices — a dissident right has began to grow and organize.

From forming their own student groups, to organizing events that counter the “gatekeepers,” this movement, which largely believes in stopping immigration, ending senseless wars, and putting America’s citizens first, has been making major waves.

In the fall, the “Groyper War” took aim at more neoconservative figures on the right and asked tough questions during their speaking events.

During the “Groyper War,” Rep. Dan Crenshaw infamously told a young right-wing student who asked him a question about Israel at an event that he would “regret” doing so. Ben Shapiro gave a 45 minute long speech calling the Groyper students asking questions, and Fuentes, who became the de facto leader of the Groyper movement “alt-right.”

The dissident right also hosted an event to counter CPAC, called the America First Political Action Conference (AFPAC). The event featured speeches from “cancelled” right-wing figures, including Fuentes, plus former Daily Caller editor Scott Greer, American Identity Movement’s Patrick Casey, and conservatice icon Michelle Malkin.

Malkin’s gained the disdain of neoconservatives when she refused to disavow Fuentes and other young America First students during the “Groyper War.” Her refusal to participate in the cancel mob lead to her being removed as a speaker by the Young America’s Foundation (YAF).

Continue Reading