Connect with us

Culture

Gamer Raises $920,343.98 for St Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital During Four Hour Livestream

Published

on

Popular gamer Ben “Dr. Lupo” Lupo raised $920,343.98 for St Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital in just four and a half hours while live-streaming on Twitch.

In an awesome moment of kindness and generousity from the gaming community on Sunday, Lupo, who is best known for playing Fortnite, averaged $3,400 in donations for the children’s charity for every minute of his stream.

The St. Jude fundraiser was part of an effort for GuardianCon, a gaming convention in Orlando next week. In another fundraising stream leading up to the event, Destiny developer and streamer “Bungie” raised $400,000 in four hours.

GuardianCon’s goal was to raise $3 million ahead of the event, but they managed to hit $3.7 million.

Forbes reports that there have been multiple streamers doing four hour fundraising blocks and many of them have included incentives. Lupo’s included having “his son play Fortnite (at $350,000) and his wife play Resident Evil ($500,000). The $1 million super stretch goal was to get him to Pon Pon, Ninja’s signature dance, on stream, something he’s never done.”

Lupo even donated $50,000 to the fundraiser himself.

“Thank you so much, to every single person that’s donated,” Lupo said at the end of his stream, per a report from ComicBook.com. “To every single person that’s supported St. Jude. To every single person that’s gonna be at Guardian Con. To every single person that freakin’ loves gaming. And most importantly, from top to bottom, St. Jude.”

25 Comments

25 Comments

1. Highland avenue restaurant

July 2, 2019 at 10:21 am

I do accept as true with all the ideas you’ve introduced for
    your post. They’re very convincing and can definitely work.
    Still, the posts are too brief for novices. May you please prolong them a little from subsequent time?
    Thank you for the post.

2. Rachel

July 8, 2019 at 11:40 pm

Howdy would you mind sharing which blog platform you’re using?
    I’m planning to start my own blog in the near future but I’m having a
    tough time choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and
    Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems
    different then most blogs and I’m looking for something unique.
    P.S Apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

3. Stromata

July 11, 2019 at 4:00 pm

When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now
    each time a comment is added I get three e-mails with the same comment.
    Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
    Bless you!

4. marketstrom.gr

July 13, 2019 at 7:40 am

What a stuff of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable knowledge concerning unpredicted emotions.

5. Hey there! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?
    I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked hard
    on. Any suggestions?

6. marketstrom αθηνα

July 16, 2019 at 6:39 am

Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
    Look advanced to more added agreeable from you!
    By the way, how can we communicate?

7. marketstrom στρωματα αθηνα

July 17, 2019 at 7:29 am

Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Thank you, However I am experiencing problems with your RSS.

I don’t know the reason why I cannot join it. Is there anybody else having the same RSS problems?
    Anyone who knows the solution can you kindly respond?
    Thanx!!

8. XTJ00

July 23, 2019 at 1:34 pm

331192 156425i always enjoy to do blog hopping and i stumbled upon your blog .”~; 870423

9. Kadenceorlando.Com

September 6, 2019 at 4:34 pm

Having read this I believed it was very informative. I appreciate you spending some time and effort to
    put this short article together. I once again find myself spending a significant amount of time both reading and posting comments.

But so what, it was still worthwhile!

10. 30% off

September 23, 2019 at 1:22 am

It’s hard to come by educated people about this subject, but you sound like you know
    what you’re talking about! Thanks

11. Carla

September 30, 2019 at 10:15 pm

I do not even understand how I stopped up right
    here, however I believed this post used to be good. I do not recognise who you’re but definitely you
    are going to a well-known blogger if you happen to aren’t
    already. Cheers!

12. www.eicuonline.com

October 6, 2019 at 11:05 pm

Thankfulness to my father who stated to me regarding this webpage, this webpage is actually remarkable.

13. Sven

October 23, 2019 at 1:13 am

Great article. I will be facing many of these issues as
    well..

14. situs Dominoqq Terpercaya

December 4, 2019 at 9:31 pm

Really when someone doesn’t understand afterward its up to other people that they will help, so here it happens.

15. Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your article. I like to write a
    little comment to support you.

16. i buy junk cars for cash

December 20, 2019 at 4:24 am

Hey! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website?

I’m getting sick and tired of WordPress because I’ve had problems with hackers
    and I’m looking at alternatives for another platform.

I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

17. mobile legends hack uptodown

December 20, 2019 at 11:06 pm

I’ve learn a few just right stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking
    for revisiting. I surprise how so much attempt you put to
    make this sort of excellent informative web site.

18. Mayra

January 28, 2020 at 3:56 am

Wonderful web site. Plenty of useful info here.

I am sending it to several buddies ans also sharing in delicious.
    And of course, thanks in your effort!

19. NW

February 26, 2020 at 1:01 pm

Stunning quesxt there. What happened after? Take
    care!

20. I have not checked in here for some time as I thought
    it was getting boring, but the last few posts are good quality
    so I guess I’ll add you back to my everyday bloglist.
    You deserve it friend 🙂

21. ipl laser hair removal handset

March 16, 2020 at 11:05 am

Wow, this paragraph is good, my sjster is analyzing these things, thus Iam going to tell her.

22. forex trading

April 5, 2020 at 12:13 pm

Fabulous, what a blog it is! This weblog provides valuable information to us, keep it
    up.

23. forex day trading software

April 19, 2020 at 6:06 am

Hello terrific website! Does running a blog similar to this take a lot of work?
    I have very little knowledge of computer programming however I was hoping
    to start my own blog in the near future. Anyhow, if you have any suggestions or techniques for new blog
    owners please share. I understand this is off topic nevertheless I simply wanted to ask.
    Kudos!

24. Pussy

April 21, 2020 at 3:30 am

Free stuff attracts people and always has.

25. https://pussyqueen888.com

April 21, 2020 at 4:25 am

Although it’s important to select a topic that interests you, you can’t simply go by that because some topics aren’t very marketable.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Culture

Black Lives Matter Extremists Cover Former Home of Chauvin Defense Witness With Animal Blood, Leave Severed Pig Head on Doorstep

The former home of Barry Brodd, who testified as a witness for Derek Chauvin’s defense, was covered with animal blood and a severed pig’s head was left on their front porch on Saturday morning.

Published

on

Brodd no longer lives at the Santa Rose home that was attacked.

Brodd testified last week that police were justified in keeping George Floyd pinned because he kept struggling.

The new family that lives there called the police when they were awakened by the group of black clad individuals outside their home shortly after 3 a.m.

Law enforcement believes that the individuals thought that Brodd still lived there.

“Because Mr. Brodd no longer lives in the city of Santa Rosa, it appears the victim was falsely targeted,” police said in a news release.

Santa Rosa Police Chief Rainer Navarro through Brodd under the bus on April 13, issuing a statement saying “Mr. Brodd’s comments do not reflect the values and beliefs of the Santa Rosa Police Department.”

Approximatey 45 minutes after the home was vandalized, a hand statue in front of the Santa Rosa Plaza mall was also splattered with animal blood. The vandals, who match the description of the people who attacked the home, left a sign with a pig on it that read “oink oink.” The statue has no apparent message related to the trial, as it is dedicated to immigrant agricultural workers.

Damage to the residence exceeded $400, making the attack a felony, according to a report from KPIX.

Anyone who witnessed or has information about the attack is encouraged to contact SRPD through their online Tip Line: http://www.srcity.org/CrimeTips.

Continue Reading

Culture

WATCH: Los Angeles Democrat Mayor Eric Garcetti Booed HARD At Dodgers Opener

Los Angeles Democrat Mayor Eric Garcetti was massively booed at the Dodgers home opener on Friday afternoon.

Published

on

It was the first game at the stadium in over 18 months.

“For more than a year, we’ve been warned that singing, chanting and yelling is best avoided, for fear of exhaling virus-carrying droplets. On Friday, thousands of fans at Dodger Stadium exhaled loudly, booing Garcetti as if he were Chase Utley in New York,” the Los Angeles Times reported.

Garcetti was at the event to commemorate the Dodgers’ victory in the World Series last fall.

When he was introduced as the team geared up to hoist their championship banner, the crowd did not hold back their massive displeasure with the liberal mayor.

The mayor continued to wave and act normal during the prolonged booing, though his mask made it hard to fully make out his reaction.

Continue Reading

Culture

Black Lives Matter Co-Founder Buys $1.4 Million Compound in Extremely White California Neighborhood

Black Lives may matter to her, but she apparently does not want to live near them.

Published

on

Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Khan-Cullors has purchased a $1.4 million compound in Topanga Canyon — an area with barely any black people.

The 37-year-old social justice warrior will definitely not have to worry about any of the riots she helps to stoke while tucked away in the ritzy upscale neighborhood.

The racial makeup of Topanga is 7,313 (88.2%) White (84.5% Non-Hispanic White), 117 (1.4%) African American, 35 (0.4%) Native American, 353 (4.3%) Asian, 3 (0.0%) Pacific Islander, 125 (1.5%) from other races, and 343 (4.1%) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 534 persons (6.4%).

“Kahn-Cullors, a UCLA and USC graduate married about five years ago to social activist (and amateur boxer) Janaya Khan, co-founder of Black Lives Matter Toronto, created the #BlackLivesMatter hashtag in 2013 in response to George Zimmerman’s acquittal in the 2012 shooting of Trayvon Martin,” the Dirt reports. “Since then, the largely decentralized movement has been at the influential forefront on issues of police brutality and racially motivated violence against Black people, particularly in the wake of George Floyd’s killing last summer that sparked massive protests across the United States and around the globe. Kahn-Cullors’ published ‘When They Call You a Terrorist: A Black Lives Matter Memoir’ in 2018.”

According to the real estate website The Dirt, the home is a “winding 15 minute drive from The Commons at Calabasas and a slightly longer and somewat less serpentine drive from Malibu’s Getty Villa, the pint-sized compound spans about one-quarter of an acre. The property’s not-quite 2,400 square feet is divided between the a three-bedroom and two-bath main house and a separate one-bed/one-bath apartment capable of hosting guests long term with a private entry and a living room with kitchenette.”

“Interior spaces feature bamboo floors and, in the spacious open-plan living room, dining area and kitchen, vaulted ceilings clad in knotty pine. A whitewashed raised hearth brick fireplace anchors the living room and numerous skylights baths the cavernous space with natural light.”

Continue Reading