Connect with us

US News

Shaun ‘Talcum X’ King Threatens Violence Against State of Georgia and Men Involved in Ahmaud Arbery Shooting

His Facebook account remains active, despite the threats.

Published

on

Shaun ‘Talcum X’ King posted a violent threat towards the state of Georgia and the men involved in the fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery on Facebook — claiming that he knows where the men live and where they are “hiding out.”

Gregory McMichael, 64, and his son, Travis McMichael, 34, were charged with murder on Friday over Arbery’s death.

Arbery was running through a neighborhood outside Brunswick that was miles from his home on February 23 when he was shot and killed. The elder McMichael, 64, a former law enforcement officer, said that he believed the man had matched the description of a man who had been burglarizing houses in the area. He stated that he and his son had been attempting to perform a citizen’s arrest when the confrontation took place.

McMichael asserts that his son and Arbery had got into a struggle over the shotgun that Travis was carrying. His son claims that he was attacked, and that is why he fired the weapon.

The media and activists have maintained that the man was just jogging, though it remains unclear why he would have been doing it so far from home. The owner of an under-construction home caught multiple surveillance footage clips of a man who appears to match Arbery’s description trespassing on the property.

The property owner has now been receiving death threats.

In a Facebook post on Friday, King addressed the two men saying “I need you to know that I know where you live and where you are hiding out.

“Right now I’m the only thing keeping about 150 different from [sic] people killing you,” he added.

King went on to address the “state of Georgia,” saying “hold these men accountable for the lynching of Ahmaud Arbery. I assure you it’s in your best interest.”

The post was later removed, either by King or by Facebook. It was archived by Post Millenial Editor-at-Large Andy Ngo.

It is unclear why Facebook did not suspend his account, which clearly violated the Terms of Service guidelines against violent threats. King’s page, with 1.9 million followers, remained active on Friday evening. The District Herald has reached out to Facebook for comment and will update this post if one is provided.

On Tuesday, a local radio host released footage of the shooting, which prompted rapid social media outcry. People were quick to assert, seemingly without any evidence, that these white men had stalked and “hunted” the black man because of his race.

CNN reports that Waycross Judicial Circuit District Attorney George Barnhill had found that the autopsy, however, appeared to be consistent with McMichaels claim that there had been a struggle over the weapon.

“The first shot went through Arbery’s right palm, consistent with Arbery grabbing the gun barrel, Barnhill, who said he saw an autopsy report, wrote. The second shot is consistent with Travis McMichael ‘attempting to push the gun away from Arbery while Arbery was pulling it toward himself. The third shot, too, appears to be in a struggle over the gun,’ the prosecutor wrote.”

Arbery family attorney S. Lee Merritt has said that even if he had robbed someone, it is not up to the public to take justice into their own hands.

“We don’t believe that this was even arguably self-defense or a citizen’s arrest, but even under their sort of peculiar theory, they can’t set a trap,” he told CNN, discussing the state’s Stand Your Ground laws.

“They can’t stop someone in the middle of the road, hop out with (guns), create a dangerous situation and avail themselves of stand your ground or self-defense. That’s just not how the law’s designed to work.”

Culture

MUST WATCH: California Restaurant Owner Blocks Health Inspector’s Car, ‘If We Can’t Work, You Can’t Work’

A GoFundMe campaign to support the restaurant has raised over $20,000.

Published

on

A heroic California restaurant owner blocked in a Los Angeles County health inspector’s car after he attempted to shut his business down for allowing outdoor dining, asserting that “if we can’t work, you can’t work.”

Carlos Roman, the owner of Bread & Barley in Covina, did not back down even after police arrived.

“He wants to come in here and say that no one can work, so he can’t work either,” Roman told the officer. “He decided to come today and take photos of the people outside and say that he was going to fine us,” he explained.

https://twitter.com/hollandcourtney/status/1343623418910973953

Roman refused to move his truck, telling the officer to go ahead and get her supervisor.

“This is what happens when people get desperate. I’m desperate. Who is going to pay her car payment? Who is going to pay my cook’s rent?” Roman asked the officer. “I want it to be hard on everyone. I want everyone to see how hard this sh-t is.”

The outraged owner demanded to know if the inspector and the officer got paychecks last week, asserting that his employees haven’t.

“You’re just doing your job right, we’re all in this together?” Roman asked the inspector. “When I go to the bank, can I tell the bank the health department said it’s ok and that I don’t have to pay you?”

“What do I tell my employees?” Roman shouted.

Roman is now facing two $500 fines for failure to comply and interfering with the health officer.

A GoFundMe campaign to support the restaurant has raised over $20,000.

Continue Reading

US News

Hunter Biden’s Ex-Wife, Kathleen, Tells Him He is a Better Father Than Joe Biden Was

Published

on

In an email to her ex-husband Hunter Biden, Kathleen Biden told her troubled former spouse that he is a better father than Joe Biden was.

The cryptic email was found in a trove of documents currently being reviewed in a joint effort by District Herald and the Nationalist Review, provided to us on Friday by a source who obtained them from former Mayor Rudy Giuliani.

 

“I want you to know that you are a great father – a better father than your dad. Your girls love you because you love them for who they are. You haven’t judged them, you have loved them for who they are. You listen and you make them and their problems important to you. You make them great because you allow them to be who they are without unfair expectations. You are patient, caring, and loving,” Kathleen Biden wrote. “I know you and I have struggled but your love for the girls hasn’t waivered. Remember how we use to joke that the girls didn’t have anything to survive to make them strong and interesting? Well, we gave it to them! They did survive it and they are stronger. Through it all they never questioned your love or commitment.”

Kathleen Biden asserted that the former Vice President “wasn’t perfect” as a father.

“I know you love your dad and I do too but he wasn’t perfect,” the mother of Hunter’s children continued. “No one is perfect. At your core, you taught our girls what was important. They are kind, thoughtful, open, curious, funny, compassionate and hard working. You were as much a part of that as I was in helping them grow. Don’t ever question whether you were as good a father as your dad. You were better, in every way.”

In response, Hunter wrote that he worries he has failed them. “Thank you for this it means everything to me. I worry so much that I have failed you all in so many ways,” he said.

Hunter also acknowledged that he will need to earn his children’s trust and respect back, though the reason is unclear.

“I know the girls love me- but I often wonder if they trust and respect me. I know it’s something I have to earn back. And I know that you are the best mother I have ever known. You have raised three incredible young women. We are so lucky to have them, and I am so lucky to have met you 23 years ago. Thank you,” he wrote.

Continue Reading

Education

High School Football Players Suspended for Carrying Thin Blue, Thin Red Line Flags Before 9/11 Game

Published

on

High School football players in Florida have been suspended from their team for carrying Thin Blue Line and Thin Red Line flags during their football game on 9/11 to honor the first responders who died during the attack on the World Trade Center.

One of the young men on the Little Miami High School football team is the son of a police officer, another, the son of a firefighter.

“Were you trying to make some kind of a political statement here?” a Local 12 reporter asked Brady Williams, a senior cornerback, who carried the Thin Blue Line flag.

“No,” he answered quickly. “Not at all. I was just doing it to honor the people that lost their lives 19 years ago.”

Jarad Bentley, whose father is a firefighter, carried the Thin Red Line flag.

“I was all for it,” he said. “Because my dad is a firefighter, and if it had been him killed on 9/11, I would have wanted someone to do it for him.”

The young men had asked the school for permission to carry the flags on to the field before the game, and the school refused. They were told that if they did, there would be consequences.

Still, the boys did it anyways.

“Listen,” Williams said. “I don’t care what my consequences are. So long as my message gets across, I’ll be happy.”

Local 12 reports that “Williams and Bentley heard from the athletic director Monday afternoon and received an indefinite suspension.” The station said that they had called the superintendent about the boys a few hours prior.

Superintendent Gregory Power claimed that they denied the boys’ request because they don’t want to “set a precedent” for “political” flags being carried out on the field.

“We did not want to place ourselves in a circumstance where another family might want a different flag to come out of the tunnel, one that may be [one that] many other families may not agree with from a political perspective,” Power claimed.

Continue Reading

Trending